Nine Smart Reasons You May Want To Consider A Short Sale
Certified Short Sale Negotiator (CSSN)
As a Certified Short Sale Negotiator (CSSN) and local Realtor® with over 32 years of successful experience in the Phoenix, Chandler and White Mountains Arizona area, Tom Henschen has a solid appreciation of the factors affecting the real estate market today. We’d like to share that information with you, so that you can make the best decisions possible. So before you make any decisions, read this FREE, no-obligation report and learn about nine smart reasons you may want to consider a short sale.
Like many homeowners today, you may be facing financial uncertainty — or even foreclosure — thanks to the economic downturn. As a result, you’re probably asking yourself:
• What’s my best option?
• How long will I be able to stay in my home?
• Where should I turn for answers?
Although you may have heard otherwise, when it comes to foreclosure, time is your enemy. Many people mistakenly believe foreclosure is a long, drawn out process; it actually proceeds within a matter of just a few months. And foreclosures have lasting effects on your credit and even future employment opportunities. The fact is, there are many advantages to doing a short sale as opposed to letting the bank foreclose.
Whether you’re facing foreclosure or simply working to plan for your future, a short sale can be a valuable tool. Experts agree, as the financial climate begins to improve, now is the time to take control over your finances.
For many homeowners, their highest expense is often a mortgage…with their house being the biggest asset. If the homeowner is under water (has negative equity in the home), it’s typically best to lower that expense while also reducing, prioritizing and better managing others. One of the best ways to lower your mortgage expense is to complete a short sale of your home.
- It’s a smart investment in your future.
- You pay NO Realtor fees or commissions.
- Modifications don’t work — the debt (negative equity) still remains.
- With a 90-day close, on average, a short sale gives you time to plan and have control over your transition.
- You may be able to get HELOC equity lines forgiven.
- The bank may provide you with extra cash for relocation assistance.
- You may be able to purchase another home within two years.
- Reducing debt allows for lower expenses and greater savings — you take back the control.
- As a Certified Short Sale Negotiator, Tom Henschen & Associates can help you seamlessly and successfully complete your short sale.